GO ART! 201 East Main St Batavia, NY 14020
Gallery Hours: Thurs & Fri 11am-7pm, Sat 11am-4pm, second Sunday of each month from 11am-2pm and by appointment
We do not charge a fee to host an exhibit in our Gallery spaces but we do offer artists the chance to have their pieces for sale. In the event that some of the pieces from the exhibit sell we charge a 20% commission on the sale price.
The GO ART! Gallery Committee will jury the artwork and create a schedule of events for the GO ART! Galleries. The Gallery Advisory Committee will then approve the proposed schedule. After the exhibit schedule has been approved, the GO ART! Staff will send out acceptance letters and collect Gallery Contracts from the participating artists. Exhibits dates will be confirmed and reserved when the artist hands-in the signed contract agreeing to the exhibition terms.
Quality of Artwork
- must be professionally matted and framed / displayed; ready to hang
- aesthetically show professional quality skills and techniques
- conceptually show originality and creativity
- artwork must fill the gallery space accordingly (single, duo or group exhibit) Total display space is 71 linear feet The walls are broken up as follows: North wall: 5'5", restroom door, 6'8" - 12 feet total East wall: 4'2", mantel with 4'10"w and 5'2"h hanging space, 12', mantel with 4'10"w and 5'2"h hanging space, 3'5" - 29 feet total South wall: 4'7", window, 3'7" - 8 feet total West wall: 2'1" (open door covers most of this space), door, 20'1", door - 22 feet total This gallery can accommodate a limited amount of 3-D work.
- schedule a diversity of media and concepts within a year’s exhibition plan
- offer member shows
- offer exhibit times for professional artists
- offer exhibit times for cultural collections
Our goal is to create a well-rounded exhibit schedule that meets the above requirements.
Please fill in the below form to submit artwork for consideration in our Gallery.
are vitally concerned with the success of every activity funded under DEC Grant Program.
Whenever possible, we would like to attend your project(s) and/or program(s) and would like also to include any public event information in our publicity. Please provide the information requested at least one month in advance of the activity.